- Winter/Spring Training Calendar (2/11/2019)
- CCDBG Training (2/7/2019)
- Health and Safety Training for Infants / Toddlers series (2/7/2019)
- Help! They are Biting Again (2/7/2019)
- CDA Orientation (1/31/2019)
Programs for Parents is excited about kicking off new CDA classes this spring! We are holding the CDA Mandatory Orientation February 13 and February 27 from 6:00 pm-8:00 pm at Programs for Parents NEWARK office. The exact location is 570 Broad St. Newark NJ, 07102, 9th Fl. Training room. You only need to attend one of the Orientation sessions.
· Classes will begin March 14 for Tuesday-Thursday classes. Tuesday and Thursdays classes meet from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm at our Newark location (570 Broad Street 9th floor Newark NJ). Classes will end approximately August 13.
· Classes will begin March 16 for Saturday classes. Saturday classes meet from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm in our Montclair location (500 Bloomfield Avenue 2nd floor Montclair NJ). Classes will end approximately August 10.
- Tax and Finance 101 for Family Child Care (1/23/2019)
Just in time for 2018 tax return preparation, Programs for Parents is offering a specialized training for Family Child Care Providers!
Tax and Finance 101 will discuss how the new tax laws affect Family Child Care Businesses plus provide information and resources for tracking income and expenses. This FREE workshop will be offered on Monday, February 4th from 6:30 pm-8:30pm at 500 Bloomfield Ave, Montclair, NJ. Register at www.njccis.com or by calling 973-744-4050. This workshop is only open to Family Child Care providers.
- Programs for Parents marks the beginning of our 35th year! (1/3/2019)
Programs for Parents Kicks Off 35th Anniversary at the NYSE
Celebrating thirty-five years of serving Essex County
Programs for Parents (PfP) was invited to ring the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange on January 3, 2019, to commemorate the company’s 35th anniversary. Joining Dr. Beverly Lynn, CEO of Programs for Parents, in celebrating this milestone achievement were members of the board of directors, employees, parents, and quality child care providers. In her remarks to the audience at the NYSE, Dr. Lynn stated that ”While today is a day of celebration, it is also symbolic of the need for the business industry to participate in discussions that support working families. Child Care is, after all, everybody’s business.”
Programs for Parents is a non-profit organization which works to ensure that children get the best possible start in life. It does so by supporting children, families and child care providers in Essex County through advocacy and action, providing education and referrals, sharing best practices and helping families access available financial resources.
About Programs for Parents
In 1984, a small group of early education professionals founded Programs for Parents with the belief that the care a child receives early in life critically affects their mental and emotional development. Since our founding over three decades ago, experience has confirmed that belief and our knowledge and work has expanded to meet the ever-increasing need to help nurture children in their formative years. It is estimated that Programs for Parents has provided services to over 200,000 children and families over the past 35 years.
Programs for Parents’ primary objective is to link families with high-quality child care programs and providers. In support of this, we also offer professional development training that enhances the knowledge, skills, and ability of child care providers to offer evidence-based, high-quality programming. Programs for Parents is the largest agency of its kind in New Jersey. It has evolved from a child care resource and referral agency to an organization offering a full range of services, including professional development, technical assistance, and parent education. PfP serves as the principal advocate for child care services in Essex County.
If you would like more information about Programs for Parents or its work, please call Joshlyn Adams 973.733.4052, or email Jadams@programsforparents.org
- Family Child Care & Family, Friend, Neighbor Quarterly Meeting (11/15/2018)
- You’ve Asked For It… We’ve Provided It!!! Working with children with special needs training 12/10/18 (11/9/2018)
Don’t miss out on the following discussion!
- Normal growth and development
- Red flags
- How to document concerns
- How to talk to parents/caregivers about these concerns
- Strategies for inclusion of children with identified or not yet identified, special needs.
Register by visiting www.NJCCIS.com with Event# 115660
- P4P Career Academy Accepting NEW Students! (10/24/2018)
Study to become a Child Development Associate (CDA) by completing Programs for Parents’ CDA credentialing course through the P4P Career Academy. The P4P Career Academy is currently accepting new students. The new class will be starting on November 5th and conclude March 29th, 2019. Programs for Parents (PfP) is New Jersey’s largest Child Care Resource and Referral agency providing quality CDA instruction since 1996. We annually prepare over 200 early childhood educators with the essentials for successfully obtaining the CDA credential. The hallmarks of our CDA course include individualized mentoring and one-on-one coaching for every student. P4P instruction is relationship based and designed to see you through the process from start to finish and beyond! Our instructors are scholar/ practitioners from the field who employ the most current research and provide a first class, hands on educational experience. P4P instructors are highly credentialed and approved by the Council for Professional Recognition. Benefits of the P4P Career Academy are:
- Relationship based mentoring
- Individualized coaching
- Professional portfolio development
- Technical writing support
- Tuition Assistance
- Courses available in English and Spanish
- Authentic Assessment of student work
- Job Placement
- Asistance with childcare
- Designated Essex County WAVE stop
New students must enroll by Friday, November 2, 2018. Please see the flier for requirements to enroll. If you have any questions, please call Tyneisha Gibbs at 973-744-4050 ext. 1204 or email email@example.com