- Leaders and Legends 2018 (7/27/2018)
For more information, please fill in the form below.
- CDA Orientation (7/18/2018)
- Essex County Program for Infant/Toddler Care (PITC) Series (Spanish) (7/16/2018)
- Essex County Program for Infant/Toddler Care (PITC) Series (7/16/2018)
- Why Do Parents Spend So Much On Child Care, Yet Early Childhood Educators Earn So Little? (7/13/2018)
- WMBC-TV News Video – Youth Summer Employment (7/10/2018)
- Want to Earn your CDA? Join us July 10th! (7/2/2018)
We are excited about kicking off this training year! We are holding the CDA Mandatory Orientation July 10, 2018 from 6:00 pm-8:00 pm at Programs for Parents NEWARK office. The exact location is 570 Broad St. Newark NJ, 07102, 9th Fl. Training room.
Classes will start on September 22nd for Saturday classes and September 25th for Tuesday-Thursday class. We offer classes every Tuesday and Thursdays evenings from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm at our Newark location (570 Broad Street 9th floor Newark NJ). We also have classes Saturdays from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm in our Montclair location (500 Bloomfield Avenue 2nd floor Montclair NJ).
The cost of the program is $1,500 which includes the registration fee, books, council materials, 120 classroom training hours, professional portfolio development & support and preparation to complete certification requirements through the National Council of Professional Recognition. We offer weekly, bi-weekly and monthly payment plans; with a $100 deposit payable by orientation day.
To enroll in our classes, a person must submit proof of the following at orientation:
- Attend the mandatory orientation
- Fill out the registration form
- Be age 18 or older (Photo ID, birth certificate)
- High school diploma, high school transcripts showing graduation, or a GED
- Proof of employment or volunteering at a licensed child care center OR a registered family child care provider (must be on school letter head and signed by administrator)
- $100 registration fee (money order or credit card ONLY)
During the Orientation, staff will review the course requirements and schedule, tuition payment options, and assist with scholarship application for eligible participants. Here is what you need to know before you come:
- Complete your CDA registration document and bring it to the Orientation session. You must also bring: (1) copy of your high school diploma, and (1) letter of employment which states how long you have worked at your center (needs to be signed by your director and on the center’s letterhead). You can mail, or email these in prior to the Orientation on July 10th but remember to bring copies with you to the orientation!
- Enroll in the NJ Workforce Registry (www.njccis.com) and receive a Registry ID number. You will need to put this on your CDA and registration will need this if you are eligible to apply for a scholarship. Staff who have been working at least 30 hours per week for at least 3 months in a program that is serving children on subsidy (CCDBG) or that is participating in Grow NJ Kids, are eligible to apply for scholarship through the Registry. Application assistance will be offered during the Orientation.
- If you are not applying for the scholarship, which is only available to people who work at subsidy (CCDBG) or Grow NJ Kids centers, you must submit a $100 registration fee paid by credit card or money order. The registration fee will be applied to the full $1500 cost of the program, but is not refundable. You will be asked to sign off on a payment plan during the orientation.
- 2017 Community of Learning Annual Report (6/22/2018)
- Public Hearing for the Proposed Child Care and Development Fund Plan 2019- 2021 (6/4/2018)
Public Hearing to Elicit Testimony for the Proposed Child Care Development State Plan.
Please click here to see the entire Child Care and Development Fund Plan proposal:
- Healthy Homes: FREE WORKSHOP FOR FCC & FFN PROVIDERS! (5/4/2018)Healthy Homes for Family Child Care ProvidersLearn to prevent diseases including lead poisoning and asthma as well as prevent injuries in your home using safe household practices and cleaning choices.Training given by AmeriGroupJoin us on Tuesday, May 8th, 6:30-8:30pm in Montclair-FREE
Register here: www.njccis.comFor more professional development opportunities, visit our training calendar https://www.programsforparents.org/events/Participants will receive 2 clock hours.