The Post Adoption Child Care (PACC) program helps facilitate the adoption of children in foster placement. Adoptive families can receive a child care subsidy for their adoptive child upon adoption finalization from birth to 6 years of age or 5 years of age if the child starts to attend Full Time Kindergartner.
To be eligible for the Post Adoption Child Care (PACC) program the following information applies:
- Adoptive parent(s) must have received a child care referral form from DCP&P
- If the family resides in Essex County, contact Programs for Parents
- The adoptive family has 90 days from the adoption finalization date to complete a child care application packet
- Child care is limited to licensed child care center of registered family child care providers
- A single adoptive parent or both parents must be:
- Employed full time (30 hours or more per week) or
- Participate in a full time-training educational program or
- In a combination of work and school (equivalent to full time participation)
PACC subsidy is open to families who meet the eligibility criteria and it is limited and dependent upon availability of funds. Adoptive families under the PACC program are eligible regardless of income.